Click the setup file to finish up.
If your download for didn't start, try again.
Frequently Asked Questions
We made sure that Samplab works very well together with other DAWs. Any sample that you are editing in the application can always just be dragged as audio to any other program. You can think of it as a stopover between your audio files and your regular workflow. Basically, instead of dragging your samples directly into your DAW, you can drag them into Samplab first and after editing them, you simply drag them into your desired program from Samplab. This allows you to make use of our powerful editing features that no DAW can natively provide.
The Samplab Plugin only has a fraction of the functionality that the Desktop app provides. Currently, the Desktop app provides the following additional features:
- Premium audio warping
- Key detection
- Automatically adjusting the tempo and key of samples to each other
- Making notes longer
- Changing the volume of notes
- Adding an offset to notes
- Many more to come...
The VST/AU plugin standard is quite restrictive and doesn't allow us to implement many of the features that we want to implement. That's also why the Desktop App can do a lot more. We're gonna continue improving the plugin, but as time goes on, the gap between the plugin and Desktop functionality will only get wider.
You can install the app by simply downloading the setup file and clicking it. On Windows your all set after that and on MAC you simply follow the steps shown in the installation process.
These are the main steps you can do to get started:
- Drag and drop a harmonic audio sample into the application (like a piano or guitar sample)
- Select harmonic
- Samplab estimates the tempo and key of your file. You can change these estimates and the duration of the file
- Once you accept the file, it will turn it into an editable audio (if you selected harmonic). You can now start editing the individual notes of the audio.
- If you want to use an edited sample in a DAW, you can simply drag the sample out of the application.
An Internet connection is only required to load new audio files into Samplab. Once the audio file is loaded, you can use and manipulate it indefinitely without being connected to the Internet.
No, we only transform the audio files and send the result back to your computer. We neither save your files, nor do we use them for anything else.
Yes, we transfer all files securely through HTTPS. The audio files are transformed on a server hosted by Amazon Web Services and are immediately deleted once the result is sent back.