Visitors without Login
The privacy of our website visitors is very important to us, which is why we do not use any tracking cookies.
We anonymously process the following data from all visitors to samplab.com:
- Web Hosting: Our website is hosted on Vercel, which is collecting some anonymous usage statistics to measure the website performance. We do not set any cookies for this purpose and all data that is collected is completely anonymous.
- Usage Statistics: We run Plausible Analytics to collect some anonymous usage data for statistical purposes. The goal is to track overall trends in our website traffic, it is not to track individual visitors. All the data is in aggregate only. No personal data is collected. Data collected includes websites that send us traffic, pages on our site that are visited, duration of the visits, device information (device type, operating system, country and browser) and more. You can see the full details in Plasible Analytics Data Policy.
Visitors with Login
Our guiding principle is to collect only what we need and that we will solely process this information to provide you with the service you signed up for.
In order to provide our services, we process data from logged in visitors in the following ways:
- Storage: If you decide to save your project on samplab.com/studio, we will securly store the respective data through Firebase Storage on a server located in western Europe. You are the sole owner of this data and we will never share any of it with third parties other than to store it on a server. In case you want to delete this data, you can simply delete the respective project on samplab.com/studio. By doing so, all of the corresponding data will be irreversibly removed from our storage system.
- Audio Processing: When using our service, we offload certain heavy workloads to cloud services running on Google Cloud. All of the data shared in this way is only used temporarily while it is being processed. None of it will be persited.
- Event Logging: When using our browser app or plugin, we may log certain events for security and statistical purposes. For example, we may log whenever you process an audio file through our cloud services in order to prevent malicious usage. To improve our services, we anonymously store some of these events by using Amplitude.
- Deleting Your Account: You can choose to delete your Samplab account at any time on samplab.com/account/settings. All your data will be permanently deleted immediately when you delete your account.
Retention of Data
We will retain your information as long as your account is active or as otherwise set forth in this policy. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect Samplab’s legal rights.
This policy is effective as of March 22, 2021