Visitors without Login
The privacy of our website visitors is very important to us.
We anonymously process the following data from all visitors to samplab.com:
- Web Hosting: Our website is hosted on Vercel, which is collecting some anonymous usage statistics to measure the website performance. We do not set any cookies for this purpose and all data that is collected is completely anonymous.
- Usage Statistics: We run Plausible Analytics to collect some anonymous usage data for statistical purposes. The goal is to track overall trends in our website traffic, it is not to track individual visitors. All the data is in aggregate only. No personal data is collected. Data collected includes websites that send us traffic, pages on our site that are visited, duration of the visits, device information (device type, operating system, country and browser) and more. You can see the full details in Plasible Analytics Data Policy.
- Hotjar: If you access samplab.com from outside the EU, we use Hotjar to collect anonymous usage data.
Visitors with Login
Our guiding principle is to collect only what we need and that we will solely process this information to provide you with the service you signed up for.
In order to provide our services, we process data from logged in visitors in the following ways:
- Authentication: We use Firebase to authenticate users. For that puropse, we collect your E-Mail and a Password to create an account with us. As a result of logging in, a some information is stored locally to remember you're logged in. If you log in to your Samplab account, you give us permission to do this so you don’t have to log in on each returning session. This makes it easier for you to use our product.
- Audio Processing: When using our service, we offload certain heavy workloads to cloud services running on Google Cloud. All of the data shared in this way is only used temporarily while it is being processed. None of it will be persited.
- Event Logging: When using our service, we may log certain events for security and statistical purposes. For example, we may log whenever you process an audio file through our cloud services in order to prevent malicious usage. To improve our services, we anonymously store some of these events by using Amplitude.
- Deleting Your Account: You can choose to delete your Samplab account at any time on samplab.com/account/settings. All your data will be permanently deleted immediately when you delete your account.
- Newsletter: If you sign up for our newsletter, we will save your email in our mailing list at sendinblue to send you updates about Samplab. You can change your subscription to the newsletter at any time on samplab.com/account/settings.
Retention of Data
We will retain your information as long as your account is active or as otherwise set forth in this policy. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect Samplab’s legal rights.
This policy is effective as of July 9, 2021